SSD performance

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: SSD performance
In reply to Bob Collette, Apr 3, 2013

Bob Collette wrote:

In looking into this a little further, I believe that the Intel Rapid Start Technology may be the key.  You need a Z77/H77/Q77 chipset to utilize the technology, however it's supposed to make a dramatic difference in boot time.  My brother just built a new system around a Gigabyte Z77 motherboard and his boot times (with an SSD) are very quick, much quicker than my system using an older Gigabyte Z68 motherboard.  It wouldn't surprise me if the laptop in the video you saw was using a Z77 chipset.  I think that Leon had the answer all along (http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51184180 ).  Take a look at the Rapid Start Technology PDF that was linked in Leon's post.

I am also thinking the same way, it is not always software issue, it could be hardware, my laptop doesn't have one of those chipsets, and to be sure i will take this SSD drive and install it in another laptop has x77 chipset and see how it will perform, i tried all the updates and i feel my laptop doesn't improve, in fact i feel the updates files are just increasing numbers of files and taking some of the storage space even neglected and nothing changed, so then it is hardware.

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow