New 100-400 in a few months?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,797Gear list
Like?
Re: "nothing wrong"
In reply to joger, Apr 3, 2013

All recent Canon lenses have been significantly improved versions of their predecessors. So I guess it is a reasonable approach to say that a 100-400 would be an improved version of the current one. The current one is on a similar level as the 70-300L from 200 mm onwards.

Really?

Gosh it's wonderful to hear that from someone who owns neither...

Here you have the 70-300 L handheld at full length and bore. In what way, pray, can this be improved? Incidentally it's exactly the same in IQ as the 400 f5.6 wide open.

Here's another example from this "mediium quality" lens..

Focus on infinity.

Now I've a friend who's never even tried yoghourt because he "knows" he wouldn't like it..

Does he remind you of you?

p.s. You didn't answer Schmegg's pointing out to you that you settled for a second-best 70-200..

Oh, I see.. If you do this for some self-fabricated reason then that's okay, but on the other hand, if you've gone for your gun, the other chap is a total fool not to have gone for his..

It's what could not be called a level playing pitch then..

Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh (Irish Gaelic)
A good word never broke a tooth.

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list:Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow