Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,621Gear list
Like?
Re: Sensor Size & Versatility
In reply to brianj, Apr 3, 2013

brianj wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Continued discussion from: Is Full frame still the most versatile?

ljfinger wrote:

Not much...like I said, I use a small waist pack, and that includes a 70-200/2.8, a 24-105, a 15mm fisheye and a 35/1.4.

More than 8 lb of gear, even if held by a thin string does not describe my idea of small and light. OTOH, something like a Sony NEX-6 with 10-18mm f/4 OSS, 20mm f/2.8, 35mm f/1.8 OSS and 50mm f/1.8 OSS offers a far more practical, small and light set of camera and lenses for walk around, about 2 lb. It is something that won't get in the way while stopping for a family dinner on the way either.

That's where we are all different, for me the sony NEX-6 with all that other paraphenalia is way over the top in weight and size, I prefer to have a single small belt bag and a small P&S in it.

And I'm sure someone else will call my kit way too cumbersome.

Brian

It does appear that the concept that everyone may have different priorities and requirements seems to go way over the head of a few people.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
jeezNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow