Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Fat Dragon
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Re: Um, it's a Mac forum...
In reply to vdubreeze, Apr 3, 2013

vdubreeze wrote:

As soon as people start yapping about the cult of Mac fanboys, it only shows how closed off they are to be so negatively affected by Apple preferrers that this becomes the focal point of their rant.  I could never imagine not buying a car just because there is a mis-perception that because the owners of said model are so happy with it that it annoys me too much.   I never understood that, but it's your life.

This is a Mac forum.   When you come here and use that as a serious argument for claiming Macs are a waste you just make a fool of yourself and shoot down whatever else you add to it, regardless of any other points you have to make.

I don't like the cult of Mac, so I will not buy a Mac.

I recommend others don't buy Mac because they're overpriced and overrated.

I recognize that these are opinionated arguments. I also recognize that my failure to spend the time to seek out quanitifiable evidence for my arguments is based on a hypocritical premise (that I'm not going to waste any more time on this when I keep coming back and posting). There are multiple examples in this thread where evidence is misused or given too much credence. So be it. I ought to be wiser and just avoid discussions like this because I know they go nowhere and make everybody look like an ass. I have fun with them, though; not in a trolling sort of way, but from a perspective of debunking the flawed logic I run into. It's true that I go beyond that and inject my own flawed logic into the mix. I need to accept that I have no bullets of my own, just the means to knock down the bullets of others when they try to make 1+1=2.1.

We disagree, and that's not going to change. There's no winning for either side. My last post here was a bit childish, but sometimes it's fun to stick out your tongue and say 'nanner nanner boo boo'. Either way, I'll try to steer clear of this from now on, as it's getting nowhere because there's nowhere for it to go.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow