Reasons I should not buy a NEC Multisync PA241W-BK-SV

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,543Gear list
Like?
Re: SV software only for NEC displays
In reply to Radu Tenenbaum, Apr 3, 2013

Radu Tenenbaum wrote:

Similar question but reverse situation.  If I already have the I1Display Pro with the i1Profiler software and get the NEC monitor (which I'm considering), would it be worthwhile getting the SV software?

-- hide signature --

Radu
www.raduray.com

I haven't had a chance to do a direct comparison. A friend of mine has a PA271 with the i1DP and both i1Profiler and SV software, so next time I'm at his place I'll check it out. I'd say the answer is yes, even if only for the conveniences. SV gives you the ability to create lots of custom profiles and save them in the monitor's circuitry, so that you can easily switch brightness levels and color spaces without having to recalibrate each time. Handy when you want to edit in aRGB, preview in sRGB, and then watch a movie. Also, once you've set your preferences and settings, calibrating is a one-click affair. Super-easy to use.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow