Prints too dark. resolution? pixels to dpi?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lynn876
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Prints too dark. resolution? pixels to dpi?
Apr 3, 2013

Hi, I am new here, although I've been reading some of the forums for a little while. Have gotten some great information, thanks

I am tearing my hair out trying to get a decent print on an old HP photosmart printer.HP B8550. One of the things I'm wondering about is... if an image is 300 ppi in Photoshop, then does printing at 600dpi darken the image on print?

After several hours googling and calling HP to no avail I finally figured out I can lower the resolution to 300dpi by choosing worst quality. However.... now the photo black ink won't work (??). So I can only see a an incomplete looking orangeish rendition of a near black & white image.

I just took the cartridge holder out and ran it under hot water for a while till it cleared. I need to wait till tomorrow till I can put it back when it's dry. I am about ready to take the printer and run it over with my car.

I calibrated the monitor as best as I can. I tried to set up a working relationship between the monitor, graphics card software, photoshop and the printer but didn't seem to be getting anywhere.

The printer was sitting in storage for a couple years. I used it a few times when it was new but could never get it to print right- too dark.

Well, for one- does 300 ppi to 600dpi cause this problem?

And 2, any suggestions if that's not the cause?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital) Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow