Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Campbell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,880
Like?
Dell XPS 8300 On board Network card
Apr 3, 2013

I have the Dell 8300 XPS I7 running Win 7. The system uses the onboard LAN card and mine appears to have the typical problem of losing the where abouts of the on board LAN adapter. So I elected to install a StarTech PCI Express Card after reading of the success of others in taking this route to solve the problem.

Here is the issue I am having. When the PCI express card is installed the system will not boot or at least I don't believe it is as the monitor does not come on. If I remove the card the system boots normally. I did disable the on board LAN card in the BIOS setup.

If anyone has any thought on where I am going wrong I'd love to hear it. The funny thing is that after a while the LAN card will be found and functions normally. Then in a day or a week it just goes away again.

Thanks everyone. Hope someone has a pointer on what is going on with this system.

Regards,

Jim

Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow