What is your favorite sports/action image captured with a non-traditional action camera set up?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Quicksilver
Contributing MemberPosts: 569
Like?
What is your favorite sports/action image captured with a non-traditional action camera set up?
Apr 3, 2013

Hi all,

I have really enjoyed seeing all of the lovely sports/action images posted in this forum.

My D300 is laid up currently due to shutter failure, so I have been using other backups for sports.  Makes me really miss the D300 even more.  : )  Also makes me wonder if the D7100 is the D400 a lot of us have been waiting on.  But that's a whole other thread.

As I struggle with my various backups, I started wondering if anyone here has had any experience capturing interesting sports/action images using non-traditional gear, or equipment that is not typically used to cover sports.

With sports, even though the high fps and large buffers are nice , if not essential, it still comes down to timing as much as anything.  And great AF of course.

For instance, have you ever captured a ball on bat shot in baseball with a high end point and shoot...or even a camera phone....or low end DSLR?  Maybe a slam dunk in basketball?  Or a shot on goal in hockey?  Or a great player reaction image taken from the sidelines/bench?  Or any of 1,000s of sports scenarios you can come up with.

Skill or just dumb luck?  I've used my share of both over the years....there's a lot to be said for pure luck.  : )

I used to cover high school ice hockey with a Fuji 6900 and later a first generation DSLR Rebel (and a Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 EX).  Both light years away from my Nikon. Ignorance is bliss.  At the time I didn't know I had the  "wrong camera."  LOL!  It was all I had!

Would love to see some sports/action images captured with non-traditional sports camera equipment if anyone has any they'd like to share.  If I can find any of mine I'll try to post them here as well.  Thanks.

DL

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300 Nikon D40 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow