A few words on Equivalence and comparing systems

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 15,000
Like?
Re: A few words on Equivalence and comparing systems
In reply to Alumna Gorp, Apr 3, 2013

Alumna Gorp wrote:

... I can`t say I have ever come across anyone who has concerns over dof, its just something you live with or get over

For me a 2.8 is a 2.8, it always will be, dof may be different that`s for sure, you adapt, adjust and get on with it, its not a problem for most of us in the real world of things.

But calling a 2.8 a 5.6 or what ever is being a bit over the top and makes no senses at all.

Dividing Focal Length and F-Number by the Crop Factor is just sooo hard, and such an undue burden on the true artiste. Only "scientists" would think of dividing two numbers. Sheesh. Really now.

Me, I just wait for the little square thingy to turn green, and push the big button. Who cares what the DOF is ? We will find out soon enough, anyway. I like to use random settings each time myself.

It simply makes no "senses" to think about what we are doing. That would be so non-intuitive. These people who like to divide two numbers are just sooo pretentious. So "over the top" ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow