Why the kit lenses are more than good enough for most photographers…… Locked

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Sovern
Contributing MemberPosts: 907
Why the kit lenses are more than good enough for most photographers……
Apr 3, 2013

You can read the full article Here

So after responding to thread after thread of photographers asking what lens they should upgrade to and a lack of love for the kit lenses I decided to write up an article on why I think that the kit lens is more than good enough for most photographers and how it does 95% of what the lenses that cost $1-2K do.

Basically I go into detail of why the lens used in a particular photo is is only the icing on the cake when it comes to how well your photos look and how the photographer and his set of skills determine how his photos look......not the lens.

I also talk about a few strategy's on how to make the kit lens better the primary one turning the kit lens into a non variable aperture zoom lens keeping your exposure/lighting (whether it be flash or not) consistent by setting your kit lens to F5.6 no manner what (of course in some situations you wouldn't want to do this).

What are your thoughts? Do you think that the kit lenses (18-55 paired with 55-250) offers the most bang for the buck and that most photographers would benefit more from reading books, asking for photo critiques, learning about lighting, and learning more about post production?

Share your thoughts.

All the best.

-- hide signature --

The photographer makes the gear, not the other way around.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow