Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
gaussian blur
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,767
Like?
Re: For power users, the Mac really does win. Here's why.
In reply to Fat Dragon, Apr 3, 2013

Fat Dragon wrote:

Many times, Apple will replace a machine that has multiple failures with a brand new one, one that's newer than what they had before. In other words, a free upgrade for getting a lemon.

Yes. So will any other manufacturer of computers.

No they don't. Usually they replace it with the same model, if they do at all, and after a lot of hassle. I've never heard of people getting upgraded for their troubles, and it certainly won't happen with a home-built PC, which you were saying was the way to go.
A few years ago I bought an Airport Express off of eBay that flaked, and when I took it to an Apple Store, they swapped it for a new one on the spot, without any receipt. They just looked up the serial number and saw it had AppleCare (from the previous owner) and grabbed a brand new one off the shelf and handed it to me. I was not expecting that at all.
I've also heard of people getting Mac and iPhone/iPad repairs for no charge when out of warranty or obvious user damage (i.e., dropping an iPhone). That's not always going to happen, but it happens enough that it's a distinct possibility.

We're at the point in the discussion where neither of us is going to listen to the other. You responded without actually considering or giving credence to my points, and if I responded point-for-point, I would do the same thing to you. I think you're wrong. You think I'm wrong. I don't think there's anything else to say.

I did consider your points and refuted them with actual data. You don't like Apple and that's fine, but your reasons don't hold water.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow