Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,826Gear list
Like?
Just added a Pentax Q....
Apr 2, 2013

To supplement my Sigma DP2 Merrill as a take-along. In the past I've done lots of "digiscoping" shooting effectively to 5989mm using my little Nikon CP4500, CP990, etc.  The problem with the Nikons is that I'm shooting afocal and with either my Swarovski or my Meade ETX-90 I need a decent big tripod and with either I have to have pretty good light because I'm getting about F14 and the little Nikons are not much good beyond ISO 200.

With the little Q which has removable lenses, I can put a Q to K Pentax adapter and use a Pentax "K" lens such as the DA 55-300 and shoot at nearly 1700 mm at the long end to about 300mm at the short end and do it at low ISO at F/5.8 to F/4.0 at 12.4 megapixel. The images I'm seeing from this combination at these focal lengths are really outstanding.

I'm looking forward to playing with this little jewel - hopefully it will arrive before the middle of the month. They are on sale at BestBuy for $239 with an included zoom lens. It will be fun to be able to carry both my DP2 M and Pentax Q in a single small bag and have the best of both world's without breaking the bank.

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow