Sensor Size & Versatility

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Draek
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
Re: Sensor Size & Versatility
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Apr 2, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

More than 8 lb of gear, even if held by a thin string does not describe my idea of small and light. OTOH, something like a Sony NEX-6 with 10-18mm f/4 OSS, 20mm f/2.8, 35mm f/1.8 OSS and 50mm f/1.8 OSS offers a far more practical, small and light set of camera and lenses for walk around, about 2 lb. It is something that won't get in the way while stopping for a family dinner on the way either.

Showing the subjectivity of it all, but... yes, it will. It has for me, at the very least.

One small body (think entry-level SLR or mirrorless), one small prime. That's about the largest camera that'd still allow me to enjoy an event in a manner similar to what I'd do without (my definition of "does not get in the way"), and *certainly* not a bag filled with four freakin' lenses, no matter how small.

Some people don't find a single prime all too flexible, but see 'subjectivity' above; I can and have used lenses with FOVs of ~35mm, ~50mm and ~75mm as my "one and only" at different points in my life, and I've lived quite comfortably with them.

It’s marketing. “Pros drive it, and so should you”, is the motto.

Aided by those suffering from post-purchase rationalization echoing in forums and public discussions.

Draek's gear list:Draek's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
jeezNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow