Pocket backup for my OMD EM-5

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Re: Another vote for LX7
In reply to Neurad1, Apr 2, 2013

How would you compare the LX7 to an EPL-5 with a 20 1.7 Lumix pancake lens on it? I've got my finger on the trigger to purchase the latter. Then I'd be able to use my lenses interchangeably, too.

If you have the money the EPL5 would be superior no doubt and lens interchangeable. LX7 while close to m43 quality, is not m43 quality when you magnify image very large to check noise. In dim light the difference would be more noticeable.

However in bright light (or moderate light) LX7 (and last years LX5) photos look very sharp and detailed with low noise. The fine noise can be seen at extreme magnification of pixels but not really noticeable at normal full screen views of photos taken in decent to moderate light. The Leica lens of LX is very sharp and captures lots of detail.

M43 would just capture bit more fine detail, and less noise in very dim light. I like both my EPL1 and LX5, I carry in same Lowepro bag.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow