What is the best m43 for focus tracking?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,551Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 - for focus tracking
In reply to JamieTux, Apr 2, 2013

JamieTux wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

I'm not going to say the Panny 12-35 is as good as the Zeiss (which was just about my favourite lens for the Alpha system). This is particularly so given the differences in DOF.

Thanks - that's the only standard zoom I've ever been really happy with so I'm not surprised that you won't commit to it being as good!

However, it IS sharp, has nice bokeh and I've had some very, very nice results from it at both ends of its range. To put it another way, I do find that it is an acceptable substitute for the Oly 12 and 45. The build quality is good and the weather sealing is a nice addition. About the only downside to it is CA on Oly bodies and lossy distortion correction in camera.

OK - well at the moment it would cost me less than the Oly 12mm if I get it with the GH3 (and only £5 more than the 14-140 so I guess that's the way to go - I can always sell it on if I don't like it I suppose...

I like it a lot - it's not a WOW lens like the 75 but it is the lens I use most often.

Give it a go - all I was trying to say is that it's a very good constant aperture zoom, but not quite up to the Zeiss or other similar lenses for FF DSLRs (though it is proximate). Here's a shot of my son with it:

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow