Pocket backup for my OMD EM-5

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 444Gear list
Like?
Re: Lumix LX7 or LX5
In reply to SwatOx, Apr 2, 2013

I would agree that LX7 (or even the older LX5 which I have and used for a year) is likely the best advanced compact camera with fast lens. Leave it in auto iso limit to 400iso and with the fast lens, without using flash, it takes excellent low light indoor photos and late afternoon photos. Photos in good to moderate low light look vary low noise and detail rich due to Leica lens. I also set it to optical extended to 5x, and the detail capture is impressive (equivalent to 24mm to 120mm). LX5 captures photos significantly faster AF, than my Olympus EPL1 ( I would imagine that the newer EPL3 and EPL5 take much faster photos).

Last year I used my EPL1 most times on vacation, this year the LX5 was used 75 per cent of time for family/vacation photos and the back LX screen is more visible in bright Florida daylight better than EPL1. Time for an upgrade to EPL5 body I think. m43 for very low light would outdo it.

The LX cameras are so light weight I can carry all day without noticing. Good value for little cost compared to m43, so its a great second camera companion to my Pen m43 (this little camera is about the cost of one midrange m43 lens). What is not to like?

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-M1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow