Nikon D300/s? Suitable for Entry Grade Pro work?

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SelSol
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
Nikon D300/s? Suitable for Entry Grade Pro work?
Apr 2, 2013

I have something of a problem (or rather, complete bafflement).

Currently using the Olympus EVOLT system and I'm happy with the results, but looking to make a more long term investment, and instead of throwqing money at an E-5, I'm swapping to Nikon.

A fellow architectural photographer has recomended a Nikon D300, which he has had for several years, and rates very highly as being good kit without being stupidly expensive.  I've had a poke about though, and I'm a bit confused now, as the higher level consumer models (like the D7100) seems to pull the pants of the D300S down and spank it spec-wise, despite the D300S being  aprofessional grade unit.  I know not to get hung up on megapixels, but I the D7100 seems superior?

Can anyone throw some light on the subject?  I do property / architectural photography and the main reason for the shift is that I can't get a tilt shift lens for the olympus system, and portrait lenses are thin on the ground (i.e. non existemt) too.

Thanks in advance!

SelSol's gear list:SelSol's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +2 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon D7100 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow