*** This Week through YOUR m43 2013.04.01 ***

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,860Gear list
Like?
Re: An initiation in New Guinea
In reply to PaulChapman, Apr 2, 2013

PaulChapman wrote:

I love all of this....you seem to get to all the wild places.

Hi Paul

Glad you like it. This is hardly a wild place; just on the edge of Kokopo township. I said the buy probably hasn’t seen NY -- but he might well have. There is a culture here about when you are in the village you are a villager. In fact, this village is a very big one and many people in in are significantly wealthy, business owners, senior public servants, etc.

The councillor speaking is a man of enough financial standing for the bank to genuflect when he walks through the door, but you see him as you see him in the picture. If he is flying off to Australia or China or wherever to do business, he will climb into a collar and tie and a suit. My contact is studying for her masters; there  are plenty of PhDs around. But when we are in the village doing trad stuff, it’s laplaps and t-shirts like everyone else.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FishNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow