New 3880 powers off after period of inactivity

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Radu Tenenbaum
Senior MemberPosts: 2,851Gear list
Like?
Just talked to Epson
In reply to Hugowolf, Apr 2, 2013

Just talked to Epson tech support and they told me that this is normal.  After some period of inactivity it goes to sleep and after it's been in sleep mode for awhile, it turns off.  He said this is a requirement for Energy Star rating.

I asked if the printer would go into a clean cycle on power up, thus wasting ink, and he told me it shouldn't.  If it does a cleaning, it should indicate so on the LCD.

I find this rather strange as none of the respondents have duplicated this behavior.  When I power up the printer, the LCD first displays EPSON, then the Energy Star logo, then "Epson K3 Ultra Chrome Ink" and then "Ready" with the ink status.  The whole sequence takes 40 seconds with whirring noises going on almost the entire time.  The version number using the Printer menu is P010C5-1.03.800E.

Are you getting the Energy Star Logo during the Power On cycle?

-- hide signature --

Radu
www.raduray.com

Radu Tenenbaum's gear list:Radu Tenenbaum's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow