SLT-A99V Color Contamination

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
samael9
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
Re: SLT-A99V Color Contamination
In reply to Chris Malcolm, Apr 2, 2013

Chris Malcolm wrote:

What was the scene illumination? Fluorescent tubes? Compact fluorescent? LED? All of those especially older cheaper ones, can produce a green cast. Then of course there's the old problem of light being reflected off green walls or green leaves. The auto WB feature of your visual cortex would have concealed the cast from you while you were there.

-- hide signature --

Chris Malcolm

Thanks, Chris! It was florescent, but very dim, mixed with a speedlight. The issue was a red one, however.

And to everyone else who contributed thoughts and comments:

I have a very engaging conversation with a member of Sony's technical department today. Way more involved then SOny's front line of customer service agents. They didn't see any contamination issues in the RAW files I put up for them in my dropbox.
I've played extensively now with the 'bad ones" in ACR as suggested, and no, I don't think that there is a problem with the camera body either. It does, however, feel good that Sony is aware of the problem seemingly exacerbated in Aperture and now has a file available for other A99 shooters, should the problem arise for someone else. No surprise here that I would be the first to call in with such an issue as they've not heard of this before.
They really looked at this carefully and wanted to be helpful. I am glad to say they succeeded with me and I am very satisfied with Sony's interest on this. Also, I am grateful that my intuition led me to this forum and I would like to extend my appreciation for everyone's input.

I did take the opportunity, while they were on the phone with me to bring up a point having to do with the advanced owner's manual (on disc) included with the body. Page 116 does imply that the A99 can wirelessly control off-camera flashes internally. This isn't the case, and was cause for nearly 3.5 hours on the phone during my first customer service experience, which ended rather furiously.

The technician was in fact aware of this inaccuracy, and indeed SOny will be issuing some sort of update and/or correction.

So, happily still shooting, questions answered.

-- hide signature --

Clint Kapp
www.clintkapp.com

samael9's gear list:samael9's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow