nikon 28-80 vs 28-105?

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
cory a
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Re: nikon 28-80 vs 28-105?
In reply to narddogg81, Apr 2, 2013

I have both lenses.  As far as image quality goes, there's just really not a whole lot of difference between the two.  And what small differences there are can easily be dealt with in post.  Of the two, I prefer the 28-105 for the increased zoom range and the macro feature.  On the other hand, the 28-80 has the advantage when it comes to size, weight and replacement cost in the event of an accident, all things that are pretty important for hiking and other such activities.  I like to take my 28-80 attached to a D50 with me when I go flat-water kayaking.  It's a combo that gives good image quality, but wouldn't give me a stroke if it ended up at the bottom of a river.  If the macro and the extra 25mm on the long end aren't of much interest to you, definitely grab a 28-80.  Like has been said before, at the prices they are going for, it won't break the bank if you don't like it and decide to get something else.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow