"X-E1 Blah Color Renditon, its color don't lok very good, dull for photos of things" Locked

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,949Gear list
Re: "X-E1 Blah Color Renditon, its color don't lok very good, dull for photos of things"
In reply to nixda, Apr 2, 2013

nixda wrote:

Asylum Photo wrote:

nixda wrote:

Sebit wrote:

Can you give us an example of a product being earth-shattering in your opinion, please?

-- hide signature --

seb

The Fuji marketing machinery painted the X-Trans sensor as "earth-shattering", at least that's the impression I got. Something that is a game changer, an order above everything else. Well, I don't think so, and neither do I believe is the package around it. They are solid cameras, and I enjoy my X-E1, but it sure has limitations.

That's your fault for buying into marketing, instead of applying critical thinking.

Um, I didn't say that I bought into the hype. In fact, I didn't; it was clear from the few initial critical assessments of the X-Pro1 that there are a lot of issues. I purchased my X-E1 knowing full well what I got. But I was nevertheless  majorly annoyed by the continuing marketing efforts that I found completely over the top. Clearly different from what I've been used to from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, etc.

Look at images, use the camera(s) yourself, form your own unbiased opinions. Fuji is going to market their product as "the best", as will every other camera maker. You don't sell cameras if you say "well, these cameras are ok, but our competitor does XYZ better, so you really shouldn't buy from us".

A limited, but solid camera is more realistic than "worse than iPhone", or "earth-shattering"

That indeed is my 'unbiased' opinion.

I think it must be me then that whenever I read one of your posts it usually means a completely unbiased negative comment. You then mention that you own one but

Here is the totally over the top description of the X-E1 from the fujifilm website:

"The X-E1's sensor adopts the same high-performance 16M X-Trans CMOS found in the X Series flagship X-Pro1 model. Featuring an originally developed color filter array with a highly random pixel arrangement, its X-Trans CMOS sensor eliminates the need for an optical low-pass filter, which is used in conventional systems to inhibit moiré at the expense of resolution. The innovative array lets the X-Trans CMOS sensor capture unfiltered light from the lens and produce unprecedented resolution. The unique random arrangement of the color filter array is also highly effective in enhancing noise separation in high-sensitivity photography. Another advantage of the large APS-C sensor is the ability to create a beautiful “bokeh” effect - the aesthetic out-of-focus effect created when shooting with a shallow depth of field."

Nikons D7100 description so soberingly neutral by comparison, right??

"The D7100 employs an image sensor unit designed without an optical low-pass filter to take full advantage of the high resolution achieved by its high pixel count. This image sensor unit maximizes the resolving power of 24.1 megapixels and NIKKOR lenses, bringing sharp, clear rendering of delicate details of your subjects. With this camera, you can shoot high-definition images that retain excellent quality even if trimmed or enlarged."

A matter of unbiased opinion I guess ... is there are chance you made up your mind some time ago and that's it?? You mention that "it was clear from the few initial critical assessments of the X-Pro1 that there are a lot of issues."

Now that's the spirit! Glas half empty all the way ...

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow