Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,994Gear list
Like?
Re: Tried MFT, sticking with NEX
In reply to Tapper123, Apr 2, 2013

Tapper123 wrote:

I have to disagree.

I bought an OMD and several lenses a few weeks ago because of the rebate, and have been comparing it to my NEX. Yes, the OMD is a nice piece of kit, and yes the MFT lens selection is awesome, BUT... the image quality difference is night and day for me.

Consistently the NEX produced sharper, cleaner, more detailed, more pleasing, more realistically colored images. And yes, I did all the OMD settings etc. All of it. It's just not that great.

And at the end of the day, it's IQ that matters most of all. I just couldn't accept the difference.

Today, after doing one last comparison shoot, I decided to pack my OMD stuff up and return it. I'm really bummed about it, because the Oly 60mm Macro is basically the lens I've dreamed of for years... but I simply can't accept the inferior IQ.

Now, I know some will disagree, and even prefer OMD's IQ. Good luck to them. But for me, it was just disappointing. A beautifully built camera, with many great features, and part of an impressive lens system, but the IQ just isn't there to my eyes compared to good APS-C.

NEX-5R /  E-M5 / GH3 comparison by DxOMark.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/%28appareil1%29/842|0/%28brand%29/Panasonic/%28appareil2%29/826|0/%28brand2%29/Sony/%28appareil3%29/793|0/%28brand3%29/Olympus

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow