Compact system camera?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
deryn
Regular MemberPosts: 343
Like?
Re: Compact system camera?
In reply to deryn, Apr 2, 2013

Blimey!  I was off to pick an RX100 or an LX7 up today. It is a bit more expensive than the internet price but I don't feel safe using my debit card to pay for goods on the internet. Anyway, my wife comes with me and she wants to call in an electrical store on the way. She got what she wanted and then started looking at some compact cameras. She uses her phone a lot to take pics and so decided she wanted a small compact around the £60/70, fair enough. Then she draws my attention to the prices of the Olympus PEN's on sale. The EPM1 was a giveaway and the EPL3 was also at a very good price. 'Wouldn't these be better for you than a compact?' she asks. I should have walked out the store, but no, I goes over and picks them up. They were very neat and a lot more handier in the hand than I thought. - We didn't get to the RX100 or LX7, and I also left the store empty handed. The seeds of doubt had been sown!!!

If the PL3 is compact enough for me, why shouldn't I pick it over the RX100 or LX7? Is the performance with it's stock lens better or not over the compacts?

Blimey!

Deryn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow