Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
nobbyball
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: Birding after 2 weeks (HS50)
In reply to jcmarfilph, Apr 2, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

nobbyball wrote:

Nice one Joms.  Up until the last week or so I hadn't seen any need to upgrade from the 30. First of all Kim with that Merlin shot, and now you - great bird shots with much more detail than the 30. Time to save the pennies and wait for the next good deal to come along methinks.  The close up of the Mockingbird is my fave.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

I thought you went to DSLR route already and abandoned the superzoom camera? Yes HS50 will deliver better picture because of the added reach, speed and slightly improved IQ. I appreciate your comment my friend.

Cheers,

-=[ Joms ]=-

Not totally.  The Sony A37 is superb up to ISO 1600 and is really quick with the 18-250 lens.  This has been great for the winter birding I do.  As most know, as soon as the light is less than good, the superzoom struggles for detail and speed and this was frustrating me. But there is no way I am going to spend the big money on the big and heavy lenses for my Sony, so the reach of the superzoom is still great. The extra reach of the HS50 is really tempting now its being matched with better quality from you, Kim and the others.

Better light here now and the freezing cold winds have dropped so hopefully I'll get some good fuji shots to post soon.

Cheers

Ian

nobbyball's gear list:nobbyball's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow