Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,910
Like?
Camera sales via PayPal?
Apr 2, 2013

In the process of selling one camera and buying another today, I received a notice from PayPal (which I've used regularly for 10-12 years) that although I can *disperse* funds from PayPal, I cannot *add* funds to my PayPal account unless I go through "resolution". "Resolution", according to PayPal, requires that I upload to them about 12 different documents, including social security card, drivers license, military ID card, proof or residence (utility bill), and proof of Social Security number.

This sounds like a scam, to skim my identity information. An email to PayPal brought only an automated response which had nothing at all to do with my problem. I phone call to PayPal was unanswered after 30 minutes on hold.

By the way, the amount of money currently in my PayPal account is correct, and PP did deduct the correct amount for a USPS postage fee I purchased today.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem with PayPal? If so, how did you resolve it? Apparently there's no way to contact an actual human at PayPal - not a surprise to me, but I don't know where to go from here.

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow