Worried about the future of Canon's Txi/XXXD Line after seeing T5i...

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 363Gear list
Like?
Worried about the future of Canon's Txi/XXXD Line after seeing T5i...
Apr 2, 2013

Let me start off by saying this is in no way, shape, or form meant to come off as attacking Canon. I'm just a bit worried after seeing the newly announced T5i. I bought the Canon T4i w/ 18-145mm STM about a month ago. I had a long time to try and decide between the T4i and the Nikon D5200. I ultimately ended up going with the T4i because it felt a little better in my hands and I liked how much quicker I could change my options (even without the touchscreen) as opposed to digging through Nikons somewhat convoluted mention system. However, was did really like how the Nikon had many more autofocus points, lowlight capabilities, and more megapixels. My concern however, is that Canon's T5i seems like a really minor update to this line and I just feel like maybe Canon isn't trying to competitive at all with their rival. Why not add more Megapixels? Add more autofocus points? Update the sensor? Etc. Its just got me thinking that perhaps I should make return and get the D5200 seeing as how Nikon makes significant updates to that line fairly often it seems. Maybe I'm just being a bit paranoid and worried I choose the wrong system. I do love my Canon and I've already taken many fantastic shots with it. I'm just again a little concerned and worried. I hope I made a good choice in choosing the Canon line.

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i) Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
T6i?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow