Cost of repair E-500 sensor

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
photophile
Forum ProPosts: 12,887Gear list
Like?
=Thank you everyone =
In reply to photophile, Apr 2, 2013

..for offering your thoughts/opinions. I take the point that most of you make - which is that it might be prudent to save the pennies and put them away for a future upgrade towards a  later E-system body. Admittedly, 174 Euros isn´t exactly a fortune (for me, for now anyway - though with the current economic situation - who knows what might happen  But then again, 174 Euros is approx a third of the way towards an E30 or an E620....maybe even a second hand E3!  Since I can use the E500 up to ISO 400 without the blue line showing - it will still see daytime action. As dave gaines suggested - perhaps if a second fault (such as a faulty shutter) develops, then it might be worth considering an evaluation. When we talked to the service guy in the shop, he did say that 174 Euros would be for sensor replacement only and "system check. " With hindsight, I wish I´d asked if the replacement sensor would be the same as the one originally used in the E500....or a later incarnation.

I will next be in the area on the weekend of 20/21st April - so I´ve got until then to decide whether to get the repair done...or leave it for now. I must say, as of now, I am leaning towards the leave it for now option.

Thanks again!

-- hide signature --

AH

photophile's gear list:photophile's gear list
Olympus Stylus 840 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-750 UZ Olympus E-500 Olympus E-510 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow