Camera choice for Europe trip

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
chris80
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Re: Camera choice for Europe trip
In reply to John.Laninga, Apr 2, 2013

A X100(s) would be an excellent choice for street photography in Rome and London at every hour of the day.

However, if this is your first time there, you might want something more flexible, especially on the wide end - many of the sights are too impressive for a 35mm lens (cathedrals, museums, squares, excavations,...). However, as light can be quite poor indoors, you will need a large(r) sensor (and ideally a fast lens) as well. Both cities are quite lively at night as well, and you would really regret not to be able to shoot after sunset.

A X20 might be the cheapest solution with pretty acceptable IQ. I would prefer a X-E1, though.

My personal experience is, that on city trips I mainly use my DSLR with 17-55@2.8 during sightseeing, and my X100 for street photography in between and at night. The longer I stay in a city, or the more often I went there before, I increasingly (or even exclusively) use my X100.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow