Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Robert Eckerlin
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Re: Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?
In reply to Fazal Majid, Apr 2, 2013

Fazal

Since you are probably an expert in this area, may I please ask you questions about displaying with Photoshop Elements (or with Photoshop, or with Lr) my photos on the monitor of a Windows PC and on a Retina Display.

Will there be a substantial difference either:

a) for the display of photos with strong contrasts between bright and dark parts? Will the dark parts of my photos show more details on Retina Monitors than on a Windows PC Monitor?

b) for the rendering of colors?

I am asking these questions, because I noticed that even though I use a reasonable (and calibrated) PC Monitor (manufactured by Eizo), when showing my photos on a TV Monitor (or on the iPad of my wife), I see much more details in the dark parts of my photos and the colors of my Photos are more brilliant than when showing them on my PC Monitor. I am therefore wondering, whether switching to an Apple with a good Retina Display will make substantial differences.

Also, if you have recommendations regarding important characteristics of Windows PC monitors, (e.g. supported contrast ratio? brightness?,....?) that could make a difference: I will appreciate very much to learn which characteristics could make an important difference.

Thanks in advance for your answer (and for answers from others who can provide me useful feedback).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow