Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Radu Tenenbaum
Senior MemberPosts: 2,851Gear list
Like?
New 3880 powers off after period of inactivity
Apr 2, 2013

After reviewing some of the related threads, I had decided to leave my new 3880 on all the time.  It is connected by ethernet cable to my router.  I use it with a MacBook Pro which is connected to the router via the WiFi network.  After some period of inactivity (don't really know how long as I haven't been in the room when it happens, but I suspect many minutes of hours), the printer turns off.  The LCD goes dark and the printer can no longer be seen by the Printer Utility on my Mac.  At first I thought this was because I was closing the paper feed doors, but last night I left them open and this morning the printer was off again.

I've gone through the manual and menu settings and found no mention of this, nor did I find anything searching the web.

Can anyone explain what is going on?  This sort of kills the idea of leaving it on all the time, doesn't it?

-- hide signature --

Radu
www.raduray.com

Radu Tenenbaum's gear list:Radu Tenenbaum's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +17 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow