Pocket backup for my OMD EM-5

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,798Gear list
Like?
Try LX7
In reply to Neurad1, Apr 2, 2013

I went through the same process.  I owned an RX100, and it was a great little camera, better than my prior ZX1 and S95. But when I could buy an LX7 for under $300 I decided to give it a go.

What it boils down to is that the LX7 has a great lens and an adequate sensor.  The RX100 has a great sensor and an adequate lens (that 1.8 is only wide open).  After shooting side by side I found that more of my LX7 pictures were keepers than the RX100 so I sold the RX100.  The money also allowed me to buy a LVF-2 finder, so I have the best of both worlds.

I'm about to leave for a 4 week Europe trip and the LX7 is sure to go.  I also bought a used Fuji X100, which gives me a great APS-C with a great fixed lens.  I'm not sure what I will take: my GH3 with 12-35 and 14-140, or the RX100.  Probably won't know until final packing day.

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow