Sigma SD14: Which is the largest size of CF can it support?

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Questions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,573Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma SD14: Which is the largest size of CF can it support?
In reply to AdamT, Apr 2, 2013

AdamT wrote:

With Compact Flash, the controller is on the chip - only SD and other's of its type have limitations on size imposed by firmware. It should not matter how large the capacity of a Compact Flash card, the camera itself doesn't care.

Yes it does - there are limitations by the FAT system the camera can handle (FAT, FAT16, FAT32)

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

Hi Adam,

The SD14 will use virtually "any" compact flash card available today. It may not be able to take advantage of something available in the future, but the "size" of the Compact Flash card matters not to the SD14. A compact flash card can be "formatted" multiple ways and the "capacity" will be allocated depending on the file allocation tables and card design. I've used CF cards of nearly every type available in mine, hence my comment that the camera doesn't care. With SD and other type media which relies on firmware inside the camera, there are limitations imposed on capacity by that firmware. This is not the case with CF media. Any practical capacity limitation is imposed by the design of the card, not by the electronics in the camera.

Best regards,

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow