Like?
Re: Rumor: Possible Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specs
In reply to Steve Balcombe, Apr 2, 2013

Steve Balcombe wrote:

bigfatron wrote:

joger wrote:

Steve Balcombe wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

I already have compacts that use SD cards, and I hate handling them.  They're too small & awkward.

I agree, but I just wish CF sockets didn't have all those vulnerable pins. SD is much better in that respect.

ever had problems with the pins?

i never broke them to date or had any contact probelms

CF is faster still and I like the more robust CF design - SDXC is just a bit flumsy but my MBA hs a built in reader - that would be very welcome!

I don't see the problem with the pins either. Every camera and reader i've had made it pretty much impossible to bend the pins, unless somehow you got some small hard piece of FOD between card and pins on insertion or something.

No, I've never personally had a problem with the pins but I've read of others who have. Be honest, it's not a great design for a consumer device is it?

My solution is to have a 32GB card which I rarely fill so I don't have to remove it very often. It wasn't cheap but it's been worth every penny to stop getting those 'card full' messages!

got me a 600x 64 GB card and the only occasions where it fills up fast is sports and action photography - fastest ever was in Italy at a flag throwing contest where I had only my 70-200 f/4.0 and my 5D II with me and no spare battery - filled some 2300 shotes in 2h and got 1/2 of the battery was left.

I am repeatidly surprised if people tell me a 5D II is too slow and the battery is too small

For a 7D with 2x Mpixel I would get a 128 GB 1000x card probably - Lexar has a very nice one and it's coming slowly down in pricing

I really do think that SDXC and CF would make sense but if I had to choose between both and I would be offered a smaller body I would vote for a SDXC simply to save weight and space in the camera.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
1+New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow