Compact DSLR vs. OM-D

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 27,246Gear list
Like?
Re: question mark over OMD
In reply to slimandy, Apr 2, 2013

slimandy wrote:

I would have said OMD until this weekend but now I'm not so sure. I got mine out of the cupboard yesterday after very little use and the screen is cracked. It looks like impact damage but I have not banged it or dropped it. I have used Nikon DSLR's for many years and never had such a problem. I'm now wondering about the build qulaity of the OMD compared to a DSLR which costs half as much.

Stuff happens.   Occurrences like this aren't common, relative to the amount of bodies sold.   Product failures can happen, and do happen, for any product that is manufactured.   Reasonable people, as well as the manufacturers, understand this.

I've worked through the Pen line and now have two OM-Ds, not one spot of failure that called for any of 'em to require service.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow