Is Full frame still the most versatile?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,577Gear list
Like?
Re: How many people go to concerts to take pictures?
In reply to Richard, Apr 2, 2013

Richard wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

And you'd be wrong.

???????????????????????????????

Well, a really obvious example these days is concerts - where people with M4/3s can get in, even with telephoto lenses, but the "Pro" FF cameras are stopped at the door.

Other than that, there's heaps of examples. I used to use a small DSLR and often it would be left behind during fieldwork and suchlike simply because it was too big.

So M4/3 is better at one thing, being illegally brought into concert? Can I laugh at your response? First if you add up how many people are honest and do the right thing, then subtract that from the number of people that actually go to concerts to take pictures and don't get a press pass, the number of people would be very small.

Probably smaller than the number of people that are so lazy, they fail to bring a camera during fieldwork because it weights a few onces more or a few inches bigger even though they know the FF  camera produces a superior image.

Who said anything about it being illegal? It's a pretty common story. Non "Pro" cameras are allowed, so compacts, phones and CSCs are ok, but DSLRs get stopped at the door.

Similar example is museums, libraries, and any other building that doesn't want people bringing in largish bags. A full m4/3s kit can go in a tiny bag. A DSLR kit won't.

As for fieldwork, you don't know the situation, so your opinion is irrelevant. I own both a small DSLR and m4/3s so I actually do know what I'm talking about.

I've no idea why you've got such a bug up your backside over m4/3s. You dislike choice and options perhaps? DSLR good, m4/3s baaaaad? FF gets the IQ from having 4x larger sensor and M4/3s gets to be much smaller than FF. That's how it is and that gives people options. Options are good.

In short, you'd have to be really stupid to try and argue that FF can beat M4/3s on size and sometimes size is important.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow