Pocket backup for my OMD EM-5

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
James Pilcher
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,617Gear list
Like?
but, the price...and the Fuji X100s
In reply to Neurad1, Apr 2, 2013

Neurad1 wrote:

Interesting suggestion.....the only problem is I don't have the 14mm pancake lens. I have just about everything else....see my gear page. I will consider this, though. Thanks.

Edit: I now see that you meant RX100. Different beast altogether. That probably puts a Fuji X100s out of your price range too. Oh well, we all can dream. 

You may not have the 14mm f/2.5, but purchasing it along with an E-PM2 body is still way cheaper than either of the options you laid out at the beginning.

The Sony RX1 is not pocketable in the traditional sense, but offers image quality in spades.

The Nikon A seems to have stellar possibilities if you believe what DXO tells you.

Why not a Fuji X100s if you are considering the Nikon and Sony? It has the viewfinder the Nikon lacks and the classic 35mm FOV that the Sony offers.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow