Pocket backup for my OMD EM-5

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
kenw
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,248Gear list
Like?
No IS on Nikon A...
In reply to kenw, Apr 2, 2013

One other thing I just noticed, the Nikon A doesn't have any sort of image stabilization!  That makes it compare very unfavorably to the RX100 in my book.  I love the flexibility of IS.  This is a shot from Paris with the LX3 - hand-held and braced with IS turned on I was able to get the nice blurring effect on the organist with the rest of the image sharp (1/2 sec exposure):

I really consider IS an absolutely must have feature on a travel camera.  Considering the Nikon A and RX100 both have Sony sensors (similar performance for sensor size) and they have similar equivalent lenses this means that when shutter speed constrained the low-light IQ of each will be the same (i.e. the smaller RX100 sensor is compensated for by its faster lens).  Now add in the IS on the RX100 and it is actually the better low light performer...

-- hide signature --

Ken W
See profile for equipment list

kenw's gear list:kenw's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow