Switzerland already more European than the UK?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
NuFonaut
Senior MemberPosts: 2,179
Like?
Re: Sorry Robert....
In reply to papillon_65, Apr 2, 2013

papillon_65 wrote:

Wheatfield wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Wheatfield wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

but the minuscule amount of credibility you might have had disappeared when I realised a german was lecturing me on international co-operation and good relations. You might have forgotten the events of the 20th Century, and your country may well be taking advantage of the chaos they caused, but don't for one minute think that everyone has forgotten. Fortunately you can't erase history and if you actually understood anything about history you'd understand that's where all the  important lessons are. One important lesson is to beware any treaties or agreements written by Germans because history tells that generally they aren't worth the paper they're written on.

WWI was as much the fault of Britain as it was of Germany. It was the treaties signed by various inbred royals (including the English ones) that made WWI a reality. WWII was bound to happen as soon as the treaty of Versailles was forced upon Germany by, well, that was Britain and France, wasn't it?

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

So what your saying is we should have patted the Germans on the back and just told them to "run along like good chaps" after millions of our men had just been killed and wounded over 4 years trying stop German Imperialism? Presumably by your logic the Jews were responsible for their own concentration camps as well.

You are assigning blame for a couple of world wars. I'm just clarifying where that blame actually lies. WWII was avoidable, and probably wouldn't have happened had the Treaty of Versailles not been so small minded and onerous. Unfortunately, after WWI, Britain and France were hell bent on revenge (good diplomacy there), and decided to extract it any way they could. WWII was the result. You have no one to blame but yourselves for both world wars. After all, it takes two to tango.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

In case it escaped your notice, economic conditions for everyone were not great in the 30's and no-one was able to predict that. As for "revenge", when you've just lost lost the best part of a generation of your men over a needless war then yes, you do tend to get a bit pi$$ed about that, who'd have thought it? If you had any conceivable idea about the sacrifice that British men made during that conflict then you might have some idea of why things unfolded as they did. If you should ever visit these shores, feel free to visit any City, town or village and look for the war memorials, you'll always find them, with a long list of the fallen, they're hard to miss because they are everywhere. People like you make me sick, spineless individuals who are the first to complain but the last to do anything about anything.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

Revenge phantasies by soldiers might be understandable. revenge phantasies by far removed leader less so. Leaders are expecte to make smart decisions based on numerous factors. Revenge is not smart. It looks like you take the position of the soldier even though you did not fight in WW1. I take it you don´t want to be a leader.

Nationalism is not smart either.

-- hide signature --

What´s that noise?
From one of the Canon Forums:
'I just came back from my first holiday with the 5D II (I think my wife was there as well). '

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow