Neurad1
Contributing MemberPosts: 981Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony RX100
In reply to NZ Scott, Apr 2, 2013
-

NZ Scott wrote:

Neurad1 wrote:

I am traveling to Ireland soon and would like to have an unobstrusive pocketable camera to use indoors (or outdoors when appropriate/necessary). I want it have IQ sufficient that if (God forbid) something happened to the Oly I would still come home with good pictures. I have a Canon S95 that is good, but perhaps not worthy of the role I describe above. I can't afford a Sony RX1 (and it's not pocketable, at least in my pants). So.....

I'm looking for opinions about the best pocketable camera to be the Robin to my OMD Batman. I have posted in this forum because I really am interested in what other M43 users would consider a worthy companion/backup in this category. If you all agree with my wife that: "I don't NEED a new camera, just bring the dang S95" then vote for that. Thanks for indulging me.

I'm considering:

Sony RX1

Nikon Coolpix A

?Others

Instead of the RX1, have you considered the RX100?

-- hide signature --

I meant to type in RX100 but screwed up. I mentioned that the RX1 was out of my price range. Indeed, the RX100 is on my list. Thanks.

Neurad1's gear list:Neurad1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1 RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow