Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Re: Well, maybe. But ...
In reply to Najinsky, Apr 2, 2013

Najinsky wrote:

PC users who haven't used both PCs and Macs earnestly are not ideally placed to comment about the comparative experience. This of course will not stop them trying, but all they do is demonstrate they don't really appreciate the real world differences between a feature list and an actual experience.

I am not sure if this comment was directed specifically at me or not.

As someone who has worked repeatedly with and on Macs, I can say that I believe I have comparable experience with both machines and, for my use, I prefer PCs. It is not that I don't understand that others feel differently. They are free to do so and, for them, they are probably right. But there are those who have worked on and with both and prefer PCs. Is that so hard to understand?

I don't dislike Apple itself. I have an iPhone, an iPad and an iPod, all of which I like a great deal. I just don't much care for Macs and, given a choice, would prefer to work on either a PC or a Unix/Linux machine. And that is based on my "actual experience" with the Apple computers going all the way back to the Apple II.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow