HS50EXR and F900EXR reviews, continued ...

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,448
Like?
Re: HS50EXR and F900EXR reviews, continued ...
In reply to jcmarfilph, Apr 2, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

This is part 12 ... http://kimletkeman.blogspot.ca/2013/04/hs50exr-and-f900exr-review-part-12-bad.html

It revisits that awful result I had in bad light. This result is much different, with the HS50 looking fantastic in warm, low light. This is truncated, with only 100, 1600 and 3200 points.

I also include an LvsM comparison, where M crushes L. In bad light that was never in doubt.

And I include a film mode ladder with a slightly surprising result.

I took a short walk this afternoon in a snow squall and caught this image of a Robin. Since it was very overcast, the HS50 chose 400 ISO to allow me to shoot at 1000mm ... and the Robin was hopping along constantly on a worm hunt. (As they say, once you gone worm ...)

So even though the light sucked and the shutter speed sucked and the ISO sucked and the bird would not sit still, I quite like this image ...

-- hide signature --

You could have used wide open aperture so it will go to f/5.6 only and will keep the iSO lower. Not a bad shot though.

-=[ Joms ]=-

I was surprised as well at the f/8, I would have opted for more shutter speed...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow