Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Neurad1
Contributing MemberPosts: 779Gear list
Like?
Pocket backup for my OMD EM-5
Apr 2, 2013

I am traveling to Ireland soon and would like to have an unobstrusive pocketable camera to use indoors (or outdoors when appropriate/necessary). I want it have IQ sufficient that if (God forbid) something happened to the Oly I would still come home with good pictures. I have a Canon S95 that is good, but perhaps not worthy of the role I describe above. I can't afford a Sony RX1 (and it's not pocketable, at least in my pants). So.....

I'm looking for opinions about the best pocketable camera to be the Robin to my OMD Batman. I have posted in this forum because I really am interested in what other M43 users would consider a worthy companion/backup in this category. If you all agree with my wife that: "I don't NEED a new camera, just bring the dang S95" then vote for that. Thanks for indulging me.

I'm considering:

Sony RX1

Nikon Coolpix A

?Others

Neurad1's gear list:Neurad1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 +22 more
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow