Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: RhysM
In reply to rtf, Apr 2, 2013

rtf wrote:

Hi. It's not easy to accurately describe the problem that I have, other than to say weight plays it's part with the body and lens. When I'm supporting a medium length lens with my left hand, the weight of the lens/camera combo "bends" the palm of my hand causing pain which quickly makes my hand unsteady. Even the surgeon cannot give my complaint a name other than to say it's nerve/muscle related. My wife say's that it's just like me. Got to have something different!.

Thanks.

RTF

It is direct way to go full size camera. I had troubles with D40, then D90. After 15-20 minutes pain rizes in wrist and causes uncontrollable shaking of hand.  Finally found that D300s with grip I can freely hold any lenght of time without pains.

Also it is a sport techics and training to provide all loads directly to your belly and hold you backbone straight. It is very important!

So for me I can't hold small cameras by hand.

Another reason is when you camera with grip freely hang on the neckstripe it need not supported by hand with most lenses, so lessens loads farther.

Every and all small cameras make great load on fingers and wrists. Full size cameras loads shoulder and sometimes elbow.

For me it is direct way to upgrade to D4 or future D4x. D4 is perfect ergonomics and lighter than D800 with grip, but my D300s still fine. No more small cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow