About best LED Monitor for Photography and anything else

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Questions thread
naththo
Regular MemberPosts: 262Gear list
Like?
Re: About best LED Monitor for Photography and anything else
In reply to Pictus, Apr 2, 2013

Pictus wrote:

For zero banding even in an artificial gradient, you need a monitor with a programmable hardware internal LUT + 10 bit output.
Check http://www.imagescience.com.au/kb/questions/152/10+Bit+Output+Support
and http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50354863

The best LED+IPS is the Eizo CX/CG 240

It is too expensive for such amateurish photography like I am as a hobby only. I have had success with 5 old LG has had no banding problem at all, zero banding at 8bit colours or less. The BenQ is the only problem I have had. First time. The rest of other LG were fantastic. LG did well to keep banding to minimal as much as they can. The only banding problem is related to cheaper hardware that is not capable of producing 8bit or not nearly enough to 100% sRGB. LG is always keep price low as they can while they produce good quality LCD all round. I think BenQ has different view of point on how to produce those and BenQ focus on much cheaper hardware. I think it best for me next time I should stick to Dell/LG who have long been around even good quality with very low level of banding or virtually no banding at all. Only two manufacturer I came across on review complained about banding problem pointing finger to mostly BenQ and Samsung and I think its good idea for us to steer clear of actual brand that is prone to have banding problem. The monitor I have been looking for is mostly for all round mix is gaming, photos, movie view like youtube. Thats what I went for. Anyway thanks for your help I willk eep that bookmark for future reference as I have been thinking about getting another one for serious photo viewing only so I can run two monitor at once. For internet and other normal activity I use cheaper monitor while the expensive one I can use for viewing photos and editing. Thats probably good idea.

naththo's gear list:naththo's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow