DP2M unsuitable for non-caucasians

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
rami
Contributing MemberPosts: 707Gear list
Like?
Re: DP2M unsuitable for non-caucasians
In reply to James05, Apr 2, 2013

James05 wrote:

This has to be an April fool’s day joke, right? With the latest software SPP5.5.1 and firmware 1.4, I think the DP2M does skin colors beautifully and accurately, whatever the shade, and as good as my M9.  As others have pointed out any skin blemishes can be “gently” removed using the luminance noise reduction slider in SPP. Here is one taken on my recent trip to Fiji in low light. I think the DP2M and DP3M both make ideal travel cameras – unassuming, but packing a huge punch. As a Leica person used to using cameras on first principles, getting a good photo out of these cameras would be second nature to you.

Hi James,

Great photo- and not my joke for sure (you replied to me...). Honestly, I did have cameras that handled some skin-tones better than others and in particular, even some of my Canon cameras could not handle some skin tones. Indeed, your photo answers my worry. This is the the Sony 5n and the 15 CV:

rami's gear list:rami's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS 5D Epson R-D1 Leica M8.2 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow