Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
RudyPohl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,961
Like?
Re: D7100 - Face close-ups test images, harsh lighting, ISO 1600-6400
In reply to Daisy AU, Apr 2, 2013

Daisy AU wrote:

Rudy,

All is relative!  What might be considered "not good enough" by some, may be good for what you expect out of photography.  I own the D7000 hence cannot speak for the D7100, however I doubt it is only good for wildlife.  The 70-300 VR sweet spot is not at either end, hence try using it at various different focal distances and compare the results then.  Just my two cents worth!

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane

Hi Daisy:

Thanks for your input, and yes of course, you're absolutely correct "it's all relative."

However, having said that, I also personally have fairly high standards of quality and I know that sometimes certain equipment is able to produce much more quality than some folks think it can, providing you learn how to best use it. I would like to believe that a new, really good camera (D7100) plus a fairly decent-quality lens (70-300VR) can produce some great images if done correctly under the right conditions. I hope to discover how to do that, and do it well.

Thanks for the tip on the lens' sweet spot.

Rudy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow