*** This Week through YOUR m43 2013.04.01 ***

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,847Gear list
Like?
A few from the Samyang 7.5mm Fisheye
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 2, 2013

I've posted some of  these elsewhere, but figured it wouldn't hurt to post again. I purchased a Samyang Rokinon Bower Walimex 7.5mm f/3.5 UMC Fisheye last Wednesday and have been having a blast with it, so far.

Weather's been unseasonably dreary, including heavy snowfall on Easter Sunday. Where the heck is spring?

All of the following shots were quick snaps. The first two were taken my way home after purchasing the lens. The last were taken in the company of my wife and/or mother-in-law. They're very patient with my hobby, but I still feel a little rushed when they're along

Vienna's main library. I've wanted to take a picture of these stairs for some time, but it's not easy without a UWA or Fisheye.

Headed home from work.

At the Hauptbahnhof in Villach, southern Austria. Defished with kenw's stereographic profile for LightRoom.

Downtown Klagenfurt, southern Austria on Easter Saturday. Defished with kenw's stereographic profile for LightRoom.

Achterjägerpark in Klagenfurt on Easter Saturday, pointing toward the city center. Landesgerichtshaus on the left, Stadttheater on the right. One second exposure, handheld and unbraced.

Landhaus Klagenfurt (Carinthian State Capitol Building). Defished with kenw's stereographic profile for LightRoom.

The six ton Lindwurm scultpure, completed in 1583, commemorates local folk history involving a dragon that once terrorized southern Austria. Defished with kenw's stereographic profile for LightRoom.

If you're looking for a fun m43 lens at a bargain price, I recommend this 7.5mm Fisheye highly. In combination with kenw's defishing profiles and/or other defishing tools, you get a lens that's versatile, well-built and delivers very good image quality for a reasonable price (~$300).

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FishNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow