What is the best m43 for focus tracking?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,551Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 - for focus tracking
In reply to JamieTux, Apr 2, 2013

JamieTux wrote:

Thank you - I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the GH3 today...  How would you rate the 12-35?  I see in your blog you think very highly of it, the only zoom I've really liked in that range is the Zeiss 24-70 on my A900, it looks like you might have had the same, if so how do you rate them on a gut feel level?

Thanks!

I'm not going to say the Panny 12-35 is as good as the Zeiss (which was just about my favourite lens for the Alpha system). This is particularly so given the differences in DOF.

However, it IS sharp, has nice bokeh and I've had some very, very nice results from it at both ends of its range. To put it another way, I do find that it is an acceptable substitute for the Oly 12 and 45. The build quality is good and the weather sealing is a nice addition. About the only downside to it is CA on Oly bodies and lossy distortion correction in camera.

I like it a lot - it's not a WOW lens like the 75 but it is the lens I use most often.

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow