Second Impressions on the new NX300 (first thread is closed)

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tjobbe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,361Gear list
Like?
Second Impressions on the new NX300 (first thread is closed)
Apr 2, 2013

...as the first thread reached the max limiit of postings I will continue to report in that thread

Few open questions left from the previous one:

HDR: this is a feature added to the JPEG handling and can be accessed same place as you activate the Smart range options. The NX300 takes two images and calculates the overlay. I have not yet played much with it as I still shoot RAW&JPEG hence (to later have the option to compare some selected ones with LR4.4. post processed) so I am limited to the options that the Samsung RAW implementation gets you

The time for that calculation is similar to the best shot option I do have on my Nikon V1 so it is reasonably fast.

Touch AF: I find that option very useful when shooting in bright light when the AMOLD has trouble to illuminate the scene properly. But as you know "where you object of desire" resides you can touch it and off it goes. I had lots of keepers that way as the shutter release is pretty fast although the shot2shot with the touch AF seems to take longer compared to the standard shutter release..

One minor quirk (if at all) is the placement of the AF light as when holding the NX300 with your four fingers around the grip you place the index one so that it covers the light source... you need to know it and be aware. I wasn't and spoild two candid shots that way but its ok now. As said minor quirk that you need to take care off.

tjobbe's gear list:tjobbe's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX30 Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +19 more
Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow